Thursday, October 15, 2015

Watching Football, Having Better Days, and the Path of Happiness

I am sitting on the couch with my laptop in my lap, trying to write this post. Steve has the Falcons-Saints game on, and he has just slowly been getting madder and madder at the game. I giggle every a little when he shouts something at the TV. Sometimes I join in with my own shouts. Every now and then, he looks at me and smiles this goofy, big smile to show that he knows he looks silly. He is a grown man, in PJs, and is trying to run a football game from my living room in Georgia. It is like this every time we watch the Falcons. Sometimes it is at a restaurant. Sometimes it is in a living room. Hehe.

I describe this scene because it feels like home right now, and that makes me happy and at peace with myself. It makes me want to other things. That is what seems to be working right now. I get up in the morning, exercise a little, go to work with excitement in my heart, have a great day, and come home and do things I want to do. I am re-reading Harry Potter for the first time in years. I tried a new recipe for Alfredo sauce, which turned out awesome. I am feeling better this week. I want to feel like this all the time, which is motivating.


I have started reading Gretchen Rubin's recent book, Better Than Before, because I was inspired by The Happiness Project. I didn't know where to start, and I think this book may help me out. I need to build better habits so that I can be happier in my life. It is very important.

One of my major habits that I am trying to build is to blog at least 4 times a week. I feel relaxed while writing. It may be nonsense, but it is mine.

How do you find your relaxation? What is making you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment